Saturday, 26 September 2009

PLEASURES OF READING[A Journey Beyond Subjects]

This was the topic for general essay in my class 10 english board exam for which my answer was a 'by-heart and vomit' of my teachers' notes.I had then never read anything beyond subjects and had no idea about pleasurable reading. Then I entered higher secondary wherein I became broad minded(A decent way of saying stopped concentrating in studies)and started reading anything and everything I found to quench the sudden thirst for knowledge that had sprung up from nowhere.
Jeffrey Archer seemed to amaze me and Sidney Sheldon remained a puzzle. Dan Brown enlightened me on crypts and codes and Agatha Christe appeared as a knowledgeable friend of mine. It is then that I realised reading beyond subjects immersed me into a different world-World of thrillers, adventures, crime, romance, philosophy-a mixture of all emotions which none can experience otherwise, in reality.
A few of you reading this might murmur"Its only for those average students who never know whats their syllabus even after exams"-A strict no to you people. Any pretty smart student will know how to balance both. If immersed in pleasurable reading all the time, one will definetly get drowned.Books enhance ones knowledge about the world in leaps and bounds.I provide life time warranty and100% guarantee in saying this-BOOKS CAN BECOME OUR BEST FRIENDS IF WE ARE CAPABLE OF CHOOSING THE RIGHT ONES. It provides treasure for lifetime that can never be stolen.
Now its time for me to begin another book prescribed to me by a friend of mine. My journey continues.....How about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment